Rising Fifth- through Eleventh-graders with a minimum 2.0 GPA (C Average) are eligible for participation in the program. Upon successful completion of an application process, students gain admission to the program.
Note: MBSK Orange County prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, or because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program.
MBSK Orange County will provide selected students with:
- Mentoring to help with the achievement of long-term goals and aspirations. These close relationships support students in completing high school and then pursuing higher education or a living wage career.
- Fun Leadership Academy sessions twice a month during the school year. These activities are fun and are built to challenge students in various ways intellectually, physically and socially.
- In-state and out-of-state College Tours to expose participants to college life.
- A variety of Summer Enrichment Academies to reinforce knowledge learned at Leadership Academy sessions during the regular school year.
- Opportunities for international travel via the J.U.S.T. Global Fellowship.
This initiative will change and grow with continual involvement. Beyond the satisfaction of successfully reaching the goals of the program, this experience will reflect strongly in students’ career and life endeavors.
My Brother’s and Sister’s Keeper (MBSK) Orange County is operated by MENTOR North Carolina, a local Affiliate of MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership.