Compassionate Philanthropy: COVID-19 and Beyond
MAY 14, 2020, 12:00PM – 1:00PM EST
As the pandemic disrupts the important work labored by nonprofits in the youth services and mentoring space, funders are uniquely positioned to address issues faced by partner grantees. Please join us as we explore the philanthropic response leveraged by funders in North Carolina. Formatted as a panel discussion, local and national experts will explore trends surfacing across the philanthropic sector due to COVID-19, how can funders best support nonprofits during this time, and lessons about philanthropic equity that can be carried into the future.
- Paul Schmitz, CEO, Leading Inside Out, Senior Advisor, Collective Impact Forum
- Leslie Ann Jackson, Vice President, Community Investment & Engagement, North Carolina Community Foundation
- Charles Thomas, Charlotte Program Director, Knight Foundation
- Donna Dunlap, CEO, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Carolinas
- David Shapiro, CEO, MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership